Named Endowments

The Lewis J. and Sybil Ackers Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1979 by Mrs. Christine Ackers Cagle, TCU Class of 1935, of Fort Worth, Texas; Mrs. Florence Ackers Andrews, TCU Class of 1938; her husband, Jack Andrews of Abilene, Texas; and Dale Ackers, TCU Class of 1938, also of Abilene. The fund honors their parents, who were members of First Christian Church, Abilene, Texas. Lewis J. Ackers served on the TCU Board of Trustees from 1929 until his death in 1966, and on the Brite Board of Trustees, 1942-1966. The fund benefits students enrolled in Brite Divinity School.

The Thomas M. and Leah Aldridge Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1994 with an estate bequest. Mr. and Mrs. Aldridge were long-time, active lay workers in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), having been members of the First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Camden, Arkansas, and, later, members of the Central Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Texarkana, Texas. This fund benefits students at Brite Divinity School.

The George E. Archer Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1975 by family, friends, and members of First Christian Church of Lamesa and First Christian Church of Marfa, Texas, in memory of their pastor, George E. Archer, TCU Class of 1963, Brite Class of 1968. This fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The Mrs. George W. Armstrong, Jr., Scholarship was established in 1974 by Mrs. Armstrong of Fort Worth, Texas. She served on the Brite Board of Trustees 1973-1979 and was an honorary Trustee from 1979 until her death. This fund benefits Brite students.

The Mr. and Mrs. Joe H. Ashy Scholarship was established in 1978 by Dr. Thomas M. Ashy of Victoria, Texas, and Lieutenant General Joseph W. Ashy of Langley Air Force Base, Virginia, in honor of their parents, members of First Christian Church, Beaumont, Texas. The scholarship benefits Brite students and commemorates the Ashy family’s devotion to the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).

The Frank W. Aylett Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1973 by Mrs. H. E. McCall of San Antonio, Texas, in memory of her brother, to benefit Disciples students enrolled in Brite.

The Jack R. Babbitt Memorial Ministerial Education Fund , established in 1983 by Mrs. Jack R. Babbitt in memory of her husband, was given through Bellaire Christian Church, Houston, Texas. The fund enhances continuing education programs for ministers who have graduated from seminary. Mr. Babbitt was an elder of Bellaire Christian Church.

The T.L. and Minnie T. Badgett Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1969 by Dr. Robert L. Badgett, in honor of his parents. Mr. and Mrs. T. L. Badgett were long-time members of Rosemont Christian Church, Dallas, Texas, where Mr. Badgett was elected to the office of elder emeritus after many years of leadership and service in that congregation. This fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The Baird Endowed Scholarship Fund was established by a gift from John E. Baird, Jr. in memory of his grandfather, William R. Baird, Sr., his father, John E. Baird, Sr., his mother, Eleanor Grace Baird, and in honor of his uncle, Emeritus Professor William R. Baird, Jr. A preference in award is given to students from and preparing for ministry in churches related to the Stone-Campbell Movement, including the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Independent Christian Churches, and the Churches of Christ.

The Frank and Elsie Baker Memorial Scholarship was established in 1956 through the estate of Frank and Elsie Baker, parents of Anna Beth Baker Bozarth, TCU Class of 1931, of Lampasas, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Hugh and Faye Baker Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1982 by Fort Worth residents Hugh Baker, TCU Class of 1942, Brite Class of 1950, and Faye Baker, TCU Class of 1960. Preference is given to members of Richland Hills Christian Church, Fort Worth, Texas, where the Reverend Baker served as pastor. This fund benefits Brite students.

The Mary Failor Barrett Ministerial Education Endowment Fund was established in 1982 by Mary Barrett, TCU Class of 1932, of Fort Worth, Texas, to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The John Henry Bartley Student Assistance Fund was established in 1986 by the Marbach Christian Church of San Antonio, Texas, in memory of a member, John Henry Bartley, to assist students enrolled in Brite.

The Mr. and Mrs. W.L. Bates Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1981 by Mr. and Mrs. Bates, members of First Christian Church, Corpus Christi, Texas, to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The Chaplain (Colonel) Samuel Madison Bays Memorial Scholarship was established in 1977 by Mrs. Erma Lee Bays of Stephenville, Texas, in honor of Chaplain Bays, to benefit Brite students.

The Theodore P. and Beulah Porter Beasley Scholarship was established in 1968 by Theodore P. and Beulah Porter Beasley, members of East Dallas Christian Church, Dallas, Texas, to provide scholarships for students enrolled in Brite. Dr. Beasley served on the TCU Board of Trustees from 1954 until his death in 1984, and as chairman 1972-1974.

The Judge and Mrs. Tom L. Beauchamp Scholarship was established in 1965 by Mrs. Beauchamp of Paris, Texas, to provide scholarships for worthy and needy young people preparing for full-time Christian service and enrolled in Brite. Judge Beauchamp served on the Brite Board of Trustees 1938-1965.

The Beckelhymer Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1994 by Dr. Hunter Beckelhymer, Emeritus Associate Professor of Homiletics at Brite Divinity School, in memory of his wife, Betty. The fund also honors the ministry of Dr. Beckelhymer. The fund benefits Brite Divinity School students.

The Mrs. Sadie Beckham Scholarship was established in the 1930’s by Mrs. Beckham who was lady principal of Texas Christian University from 1918-1929, supervisor of women 1929-1933, dean of women 1933-1937 and emeritus dean of women 1937-1955. She served on the TCU Board of Trustees 1938-1954 and was honorary Trustee 1954-1955. This fund is to benefit Brite students.

The John Peter Smith Bell Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1977 by Mr. and Mrs. John Bell, members of First Christian Church, Tyler, Texas, for students enrolled in Brite.

The Bellaire Christian Church Scholarships are designated for two outstanding divinity students in the name of Bellaire Christian Church. These awards may be renewed annually if, in the judgment of Brite Divinity School, the students are maintaining appropriate grades and making adequate progress toward their degree.

The Professor and Mrs. F.E. Billington Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1989 from the estate of Donna Jean Billington, TCU Class of 1926, of Fort Worth, Texas, to honor her parents. Miss Billington worked for many years in the TCU library. Her father taught religious education at Brite College of the Bible from 1920 until his retirement in 1943. The fund benefits Brite students.

The Henry and Sarah Black Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1980 by Dr. Ruby Kirkpatrick, TCU Class of 1927, member of First Christian Church of Post, Texas, in memory of her grandparents, to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The James B. Blunk Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1975 by the Blunk family honoring Colonel Blunk’s career as a military chaplain in the United States Army. The fund aids students enrolled in Brite who desire to become military chaplains.

The Joe and Anna Beth Bozarth Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1978 by Joe Bozarth and Anna Beth Bozarth, TCU Class of 1931, members of Central Christian Church, Lampasas, Texas, to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The Mrs. J.F. Bradley Memorial Scholarship was established in 1957 to benefit Brite students. Mrs. Bradley was a member of First Christian Church, Amarillo, Texas.

The Bratton Family Scholarship was established in 1980 by Dr. Albert G. Bratton, Brite Class of 1979, of Alma, Arkansas, to benefit non-Disciples students enrolled in Brite.

The Billy C. and E. Carolyn Brewer Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1998 by Mr. and Mrs. Brewer, longtime members of Kings Highway Christian Church in Shreveport, Louisiana. The fund benefits students enrolled at Brite.

The Eugene and Dorothy Brink Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1975 by family and friends as a memorial to Dorothy Brink and as a tribute to her husband, Dr. Eugene Brink, TCU Class of 1947, Brite Class of 1950. Dr. Brink was pastor of First Christian Church, Hereford, Texas, at the time of his wife’s death and later served as minister for the Dallas area of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). This fund benefits Brite students.

The Gene Briscoe, Sr., Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1995 from the estate of Edward Eugene Briscoe, Jr., TCU class of 1924, to honor the memory of his father, Mr. Briscoe, Sr., an active member of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). The fund benefits students enrolled in Brite Divinity School.

The J.B. Briscoe Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1989 from Mr. Briscoe’s estate to benefit students enrolled in Brite. He was a member of Central Christian Church, Greenville, Texas.

The Dr. Ray Bristol Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1991 by Gary and Susan Bristol of Chicago, Illinois, Bryan and Sandra Bristol of Garland, Texas, and Sheryl Bristol Sebo, TCU Class of 1976, and her husband, Eric Sebo, of Old Bridge, New Jersey, to honor their father, Dr. Ray Bristol, TCU Class of 1949, Brite Class of 1966, at his retirement. Dr. Bristol has served churches in Athens, Dallas, and Midland, Texas.

The Brite Alumni Scholarship is an endowed fund provided by alumni of Brite Divinity School. Earnings provide scholarships to Brite students.

The Charles and Peggy Brittan Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1996 by Charles L. and Peggy L. Brittan of Spring, Texas. Mr. and Mrs. Brittan, active members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), are strong supporters of higher education with a special interest in students preparing for pastoral ministry. This fund benefits students in Brite Divinity School.

The Charles and Peggy Brittan Student Housing Fund was established in 2001 with a gift from the Christian Church Foundation on behalf of Charles and Peggy Brittan of Spring, Texas. The fund helps underwrite rent for Brite students preparing for Christian ministry.

The J.H. Brock and Andrew J. Farris Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1973 by Mrs. Mary Lee Brock of Lubbock, Texas, honoring the memory of her father, Andrew J. Farris, ordained minister, AddRan College 1893, and her husband, J. H. Brock. Mr. Brock was the father of Marsha Brock Bishop, TCU Class of 1959, Brite Class of 1987, ordained 1987. This fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The Rowland and Hazel Broiles Scholarship was established in 1983 by Mrs. Rowland Broiles, TCU Class of 1929, member of University Methodist Church, Fort Worth, Texas, to benefit Brite students. Mr. Broiles was a member of the TCU Class of 1926.

The Taylor E. Buchanan Memorial Scholarship was established in 1977 by Connie C. Buchanan, TCU Class of 1956, of Houston, Texas, in memory of her husband, to benefit seminarians.

The Buckles Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1974 by Mrs. R. C. Buckles of Stratford, Texas, in memory of her husband, R. C. Buckles, and of her son and daughter-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. R. M. Buckles. The scholarship is awarded to Brite students.

The J.C. (John Charles) Bunnell Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1983 by Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Ramage of Huntsville, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Edgar H. and Elizabeth Bush Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1998 with a bequest from the estate of Mrs. Bush. Mr. and Mrs. Bush were members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in McKinney, Texas. This fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The Dr. Nina Fay Calhoun Ministerial Education Scholarship Fund was established at her death in 1995. Dr. Calhoun was a physician in Dallas, Texas, and a member of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Brite Divinity School students benefit from this fund.

The J.L. and Bonnelle Callaway Ministerial Educational Fund was established in 2007 as the J.L. and Bonnelle Callaway Endowed Scholarship Fund through the generosity of the J.L. and Bonnelle Callaway Foundation to enable graduate students to receive an education at Brite Divinity School. In the selection of beneficiaries, primary consideration will be given to students who are first generation college students seeking graduate theological education.

The Van Camp Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1955 by Mrs. Jo W. Camp and Mrs. H. T. Collier of Pecos, Texas, to benefit seminarians.

The Mary and Ernest Campbell Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1998 with proceeds from an annuity gift. Mr. and Mrs. Campbell are long-time members of First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Houston, Texas. This fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The Oliver G. Campbell Memorial Endowment was established in 1977 by the estate of Helen Campbell of Seattle, Washington, in memory of her husband, to benefit Brite students.

The Miriam Moore Cansler Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1982 by J. Kirk and Virginia O. Cansler, members of University Christian Church, Austin, Texas, in memory of his mother, a member of First Christian Church, Fort Worth, Texas. The fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The Mrs. Robert G. Carr Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1958 by Dr. and Mrs. Robert Carr of San Angelo, Texas, to benefit seminarians. Dr. and Mrs. Carr, who provided funding to build Robert Carr Chapel and to purchase its organ, were members of First Christian Church, San Angelo. Dr. Carr served on the TCU Board of Trustees 1949-1972 and was an honorary member from 1972 until his death in 1978.

The Carson Family Scholarship was established in 1976 by Mrs. Maud S. Saenger, member of First Christian Church, Fort Stockton, Texas, in memory of her mother, Mrs. W. W. Carson, and other members of the Carson family. The scholarship benefits seminarians.

The Clyde and Linda Cauthen Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1982 by Mr. and Mrs. Cauthen, members of First Christian Church, Huntsville, Texas, to benefit seminarians.

The Central Christian Church, San Antonio, Texas, Endowment Fund provides an annual full-tuition scholarship at Brite with preference given to members of this church or to members of other Disciples churches in San Antonio, Texas.

The Lois and Robert Chambless Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1984 by Lois Chambless and Robert Chambless, Brite Class of 1951, of St. Louis, Missouri, to assist Brite students. He is a retired Disciples minister and an executive of the National Benevolent Association.

The Joseph E. and Juliette Chastain Endowment Fund was established in 1985 by the estates of Mr. and Mrs. Chastain, members of East Dallas Christian Church, Dallas, Texas, to enhance the program at Brite to prepare ministers in the field of evangelism.

The Tom and Katie Cheatham Memorial Endowment Fund was established in 1990 by Mary and Herbert L. Polinard of Galveston, Texas, in memory of Mrs. Polinard’s parents, who were members of First Christian Church, Yoakum, Texas. The fund benefits Brite students.

The Ella Lee Clark Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1970 by the estate of Dr. Joseph Lynn Clark of Huntsville, Texas, in memory of his mother, to assist Brite students. Dr. Clark, TCU Class of 1906, earned his degree when TCU was located in Waco, Texas. His father, Randolph Clark, was one of the founders of Texas Christian University.

The Russell and Virginia Coatney Scholarship was established in 1980 by Russell Coatney, Brite Class of 1949, and Virginia Coatney of San Antonio, Texas, to assist Brite students. He is a Disciples minister.

The Natalie Miller Collins Memorial Scholarship was established in 1976 in honor of Mrs. Collins, TCU Class of 1906, by her son and daughters, to benefit Brite students.

The Robert E. Cooper Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1987 by his widow, Mrs. Nan Cooper, member of First Christian Church, Temple, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Ida Lee Cope Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1980 by Miss Cope, member of First Christian Church, Amarillo, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Jack Y. and Jane Copeland Scholarship was established in 1977 by Mr. and Mrs. Copeland, members of Granbury Christian Church, Granbury, Texas, to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The Alex and Fredda Cox Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1996 by Dr. Clifford H. Taylor, Jr., of Corpus Christi, Texas, to honor the Reverend and Mrs. Cox. Mr. Cox, TCU Class of 1949, Brite Class of 1952, and a minister in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), served a number of churches before his retirement, including Hurst Christian Church, Hurst, Texas. This fund benefits students in Brite Divinity School.

The Chester L. and Elizabeth M. Crow Scholarship was established on July 4, 1981, in honor of his 75th birthday, to benefit Brite students. Dr. Crow, TCU Class of 1931, Brite Class of 1935, was a Disciples pastor who served as general secretary of the Texas Board of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) 1953-1959; professor at Eureka College, Illinois, 1960-1964; and pastor of First Christian Church, Garland, Texas, from 1964 until his retirement in 1970. Mrs. Crow, TCU Class of 1952, served a term on the Committee on the Ministry of the Christian Church in the Southwest in 1989.

The Dr. Philip M. and Neva Crow Scholarship Fund was established in 2001 by Mr. Robert A. Bray of Kingwood, Texas to benefit Brite students. The Nancy Carr Brite Daugherty Scholarship was established by Mrs. L. C. Brite, honoring

L. C. Brite’s mother, Nancy Carr Brite Daugherty. Mr. Brite was a Marfa, Texas, rancher, whose early generosity to TCU’s College of the Bible caused it to be renamed Brite Divinity School. He was a member of the TCU Board of Trustees 1912-1941 and the Brite Board of Trustees 1914-1941. This scholarship benefits Brite students.

The Davidson Family Endowed Scholarship Fund was established in 1996 with a grant from the Davidson Family Charitable Foundation of San Antonio, Texas, to benefit Brite Divinity School students.

The Hilda and Gilbert Davis, Jr., Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1978 by Gilbert Davis, Brite Class of 1949, and Hilda Davis, TCU Class of 1972, of Fort Worth, Texas, to benefit Brite students. Dr. Davis currently serves as Advisor and Development Assistant to the Dean of Brite Divinity School. Dr. Davis was TCU Director of Church Relations from 1971 until his retirement in 1992, and prior to that was pastor of Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) churches in North Carolina, Arkansas, Texas, and Louisiana.

The J.P. Dawson Scholarship was established in 1960 from the estate of Mr. Dawson, Mercedes, Texas, by his daughter, Mrs. Walter (Genevieve) Dressler, member of First Christian Church, Weslaco, Texas, for students enrolled in Brite.

The A.T. and Beulah DeGroot Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1992 by Nancy Black Krupp, BA ’60 TCU, in memory of the DeGroots. Dr. DeGroot served on the faculty of Texas Christian University from 1949 until 1956 and on the faculty of Brite Divinity School from 1956 until his retirement in 1969. The fund benefits Brite students.

The Davis R. and Annah Cox Dickinson Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1977 by Mr. and Mrs. Dickinson, members of Kings Highway Christian Church, Shreveport, Louisiana, to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The Arthur and Joy Digby Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1992 by members of First Christian Church, Arlington, Texas, at the time of his retirement, following a pastorate of 25 years, to assist Brite Divinity School students. Dr. Digby, Brite Class of 1978, has been a member of the Brite Board of Trustees since 1985.

The William Currans Dimmitt Memorial Scholarship was established in 1974 from the estate of Miss LeNoir Dimmitt of Austin, Texas, in memory of her grandfather, to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The Harold R. Dowler Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1981 by Arthur J. and Hester Dowler to honor the ministry of their son, Harold R. Dowler, Brite Class of 1964. The fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The A.J. Duderstadt Memorial Scholarship was established in 1978 by Mrs. A. J. Duderstadt of San Antonio, Texas, in memory of her husband. She was a member of Alamo Heights Christian Church, San Antonio, Texas. The fund benefits Brite students.

The Tom and Mary Dugan Scholarship was established in 1980 by Mr. and Mrs. Tom Dugan of Farmington, New Mexico, for Disciples students enrolled in Brite, with preference given to students from New Mexico. Mr. Dugan served for a number of years on the Brite Board of Trustees and is now an Honorary Trustee.

The Eads Family Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1976 by Mr. and Mrs. Ernest H. Eads, members of First Christian Church, Amarillo, Texas, in memory of their son, Ernest Eads, Jr., and their daughter, Patricia Lou Chambers, to benefit Brite students.

The Lula Burney and C.E. Enloe Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1986 by Miss Mary Virginia Enloe, a member of Central Christian Church, Dallas, Texas, as a memorial to her parents, who were members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). The fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The Mabel Eubank Endowment Fund was established in 1988 by her estate to benefit students enrolled in Brite. She was a member of First Christian Church, Brownwood, Texas.

The J. Edward and Laura W. Evans Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1979 by their daughters: Mrs. LuEllen Gibbs, TCU Class of 1938, and Miss Ruth W. Evans, both of Huntsville, Texas; and Mrs. Dorothy Evans Bock of Newburg, Maryland. The fund benefits Brite students.

The Mrs. Valerie D. Fain Scholarship was established to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The James Marion Faulkner Scholarship was established in 1974 by the estate of Mr. Faulkner, a member of Mt. Auburn Christian Church, Dallas, Texas, to benefit Brite students. Preference is given to Disciples students.

The Joseph Benjamin and Emma A. Sims Faulkner Scholarship was established in 1980 by the estate of James Marion Faulkner of Dallas, Texas, in memory of his parents. Preference is given to ministers of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) enrolled in Brite.

The Logan Sander Fenker Memorial Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1993 by Mr. and Mrs. Claude Ferebee of Fort Worth to honor the memory of their grandson, Logan, son of Mr. and Mrs. Richard Fenker. This fund benefits Brite students.

The Wiley W. Finney Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1976 by the Finney family as a memorial and to perpetuate Mr. Finney’s lifelong interest in the ministry. Mr. Finney was an elder of First Christian Church, Amarillo, Texas. The fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The First Christian Church of Abilene, Texas, Scholarship was established in 1979 by members of the congregation to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The First Christian Church, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1978 by members of the congregation to benefit Brite students.

The First Christian Church of Beaumont, Texas, Scholarship was established in 1977 by members of that congregation to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The First Christian Church of Bonham, Texas, Scholarship was established in 1964 by members of that congregation to benefit students in Brite.

The First Christian Church of Caddo Mills, Texas Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1997 by the members of that church. This fund will allow that church to live on although the congregation is no longer meeting. This fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The First Christian Church of Chico, Texas, Scholarship was established in 1977 when the church was dissolved and its assets given for a scholarship fund at Brite.

The First Christian Church, Cooper, Texas, Scholarship was established in 1981 by members of that congregation to benefit Brite students.

The First Christian Church of Denton, Texas, Scholarship was established in the early 1970s by members of that congregation to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The First Christian Church of Detroit, Texas, Ministerial Scholarship was established by a gift honoring the memory of William Signor and Tiny Harvey Ramsey, members of the Detroit congregation, to benefit Brite students.

The First Christian Church of Dublin, Texas Ministerial Education Fund was established in 2002 when the church was dissolved and its assets given to Brite for the benefit of Brite students. Funds were given in honor of Dr. Joe Pate. Addison Clark once preached at this church. More recently, Brite Divinity School provided student ministers to the congregation for many years.

The First Christian Church, Ganado, Texas, Ministerial Education Fund was established by its members in 1994 with financial assets of the church when it disbanded. With the establishment of this fund the ministry of First Christian Church, Ganado, will continue as students prepare to serve as minister.

The First Christian Church of Hammond, Louisiana, Scholarship was established in 1973 by members of that congregation and by the Reimers Memorial Foundation to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The First Christian Church of Huntsville, Texas, Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1990 by a member of that congregation who wishes to remain anonymous. The fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The First Christian Church of Shamrock, Texas, Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1977 by members of that congregation to benefit Brite students.

The First Christian Church of Sulphur Springs, Texas, Fund was established by members of that congregation to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The First Christian Church of Tampa, Florida, Fund was established in 1975 by members of that congregation for students enrolled in Brite

The First Christian Church of Tyler, Texas, Scholarship was established in 1968 by congregation members, Mr. and Mrs. Weldon Squyres and Mr. and Mrs. Walter Ellison. Subsequent gifts have been added by other members of that congregation. The fund benefits Brite students.

The First Christian Church of Wichita Falls, Texas, Scholarship was established in 1976 by members of that congregation to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The Gaston Foote Scholarship was established in 1979 by Dr. Foote, who served as minister of Fort Worth’s First United Methodist Church for twenty years and later was an adjunct professor at Brite. The award assists students preparing for the ministry in the Methodist church who are enrolled in Brite.

The Roy W. Ford Memorial Scholarship was established in 1973 by family and friends in memory of the Reverend Ford, pastor of Los Altos Christian Church, Albuquerque, New Mexico. The fund is to benefit students at Brite. Two sons of the Reverend and Mrs. Ford graduated from TCU and Brite.

The Mr. and Mrs. Dee Forehand Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1974 by Mrs. Forehand of Crockett, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Judith Amy Forrest Scholarship was established in 2000 with a bequest from the estate of Judith Amy Forrest. Brite Divinity School students benefit from this fund.

The Walter R. Franke, Jr., Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1987 by Dr. Franke, Brite Class of 1971, to benefit Brite students.

The Frank and Louise Montgomery Fulk Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1980 by Mr. and Mrs. Fulk of Fort Stockton, Texas, to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The Jack and Robbie Garrett Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1983 by Dr. and Mrs. John B. Cruce, Brownfield, Texas, honoring their pastor Jack Garrett, Brite Class of 1952, and his wife, Robbie Garrett, TCU Class of 1950. The fund provides stipends for senior seminarians.

The Laila Inez Garrett Scholarship was established in 1967 by a bequest from her estate to benefit Brite students.

The Joseph A. Garshaw Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1980 by Mrs. Harriett W. Garshaw in memory of her husband, who for many years was pastor of congregations in West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania. The fund benefits Brite students.

The Lu Ellen Evans Gibbs Memorial Scholarship was established in 2005 by Mary Laura Gibbs in memory of her mother. The scholarship benefits Brite divinity School students who have both financial need and academic merit.

The Nimmo and Fay Goldston Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1980 by an initial gift from Dr. and Mrs. Clifford Taylor of Corpus Christi, Texas, honoring the former pastor of First Christian Church, San Angelo, Texas, and his wife. The fund benefits Brite students.

The Mary Frances Goodman Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1981 by Mrs. Goodman, a member of First Christian Church, Snyder, Texas, to help educate ministers of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) enrolled in Brite.

The Mabel Gordon Memorial Scholarship was established through the estate of Mrs. Gordon to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The Bonnie Belle Graham Memorial Scholarship was established by Mr. and Mrs. Paul D. Graham of Abilene, Texas, in memory of their daughter to benefit Brite students.

The A.D. and Ruth Green Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1986 from the estate of A. D. Green, TCU Class of 1923, and Ruth Wiggins Green, TCU Class of 1923. Mr. Green served on the TCU Board of Trustees 1960-1977 and was an honorary Trustee from 1977 until his death in 1982. This fund benefits Brite students.

The Judge A.D. Green Endowed Fund was established by Mr. Green, TCU Class of 1923, a member of Central Christian Church, Vernon, Texas. He served on the TCU Board of Trustees 1960-1977 and was an honorary Trustee from 1977 until his death in 1982. This fund benefits Brite students.

The Mr. and Mrs. Alexander Campbell Guard Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1993 by Mr. and Mrs. Guard of Tyler, Texas. Mrs. Guard, a graduate of TCU, was the niece of Dr. Clinton Lockheart, former president of TCU and longtime professor of Old Testament at Brite Divinity School. This fund benefits students in Brite Divinity School.

The Ernest and Clarice Guffey Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1946 by Mr. and Mrs. Guffey of Wichita Falls, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Dorcas E. and John K. Hackley Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1985 by Mrs. Dorcas E. Hackley, TCU Class of 1938, member of Memorial Christian Church, Jacksboro, Texas. Preference is given to seminarians from the Central Area of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the Southwest.

The Reverend and Mrs. Homer W. Haislip Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1973 by Mrs. Homer Haislip of Lubbock, Texas, for students enrolled in Brite. The Reverend Haislip served various Disciples churches throughout Texas.

The Colby D. Hall Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established by Dr. Bita May Hall Compton, TCU Class of 1931, of Fort Worth, Texas, honoring her father, Dr. Colby D. Hall, TCU Class of 1939, who served TCU and Brite for forty-five years. Preference is given to Disciples students entering the preaching ministry and enrolled in Brite.

The Reverend Dr. Charles A. Hamilton Ministerial Education Fund was established in 2007 in honor of Reverend Dr. Charles A. Hamilton in recognition of his service and longstanding support of Treasure Coast Christian Church in Port St. Lucie, Florida. This scholarship is for Disciples students enrolled in Brite Divinity School.

The James M. and Myrtle E. Hamilton Scholarship was established in 1974 by Chaplain and Mrs. Hamilton of San Antonio, Texas, to benefit students in Brite. Preference is given to Disciples students from San Antonio.

The Mr. and Mrs. Harold Hamlin Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1979 by a bequest from the estate of Mr. Hamlin of Jacksonville, Texas, to benefit seminarians.

The Robert and Emma Ruth Hamner Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1989 by a bequest from the estate of Mrs. Hamner of Austin, Texas. Preference is given to members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) enrolled in Brite.

The Bernice and Sivert T. Hanson, Jr., Memorial Scholarship was established in 1970 through a bequest of Mr. Sivert T. Hanson, member of Central Christian Church, Galveston, Texas, for students enrolled in Brite.

The S.T. Hanson, Jr., Catherine A., and Lola Hanson Memorial Scholarship was established in 1970 through a bequest of Mr. Sivert T. Hanson, member of Central Christian Church, Galveston, Texas, to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The Harvey Harker Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1980 by a bequest from the estate of Mr. Harker, member of First Christian Church, Houston, Texas, for seminarians.

The Thomas Edward Harral Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1973 by Miss Hellon Harral, TCU Class of 1929, of Fort Stockton, Texas, in memory of her father, a member of First Christian Church, Fort Stockton. The scholarship benefits Brite students.

The Will G. and Ruth A. Harris Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1960 by Will G. Harris and his wife, Ruth, members of First Christian Church, Hereford, Texas, to benefit seminarians. Mr. Harris’ mother, Edith Turner Pickel, was a classmate of Addison and Randolph Clark at Carlton College in Bonham, Texas.

The Dean and Lynnette Harrison Scholarship Fund was established in 1979 by Mr. and Mrs. Dean Harrison, III, of Dallas, Texas, in memory of his parents. Dr. Dean Harrison, Jr., TCU Class of 1934, was pastor of Rosemont Christian Church, Dallas, Texas, for thirty-three years. This fund is for students enrolled in Brite.

The Kenneth M. and Naomi E. Hay Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1987 by Kenneth Hay, TCU Class of 1938, Brite Class of 1939, and Naomi Hay of Dallas, Texas, to benefit Brite students. Dr. Hay served churches in the Dallas area.

The Beth Coombes Henagan Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1989 from her estate to benefit Brite students. Beth Coombes Henagan, TCU Class of 1920, was a charter member of Brook Hollow Christian Church, Abilene, Texas.

The Henley-Herren Scholarship Fund was established in 1974 by the family of Dr. and Mrs.

James S. Oglesby James S. Oglesby in memory of Mrs. Oglesby’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. A. B. Henley, and in memory of Mr. Oglesby’s grandmother, Mrs. Anna Herren. This fund benefits Brite students.

The May and Elmer D. Henson Scholarship was established in 1960 by Brite students honoring Elmer D. Henson, TCU Class of 1927, Brite Class of 1932, and May Henson, TCU Class of 1946, of Fort Worth, Texas. Dr. Henson was dean of Brite 1955-1971. He served First Christian Church, San Angelo, Texas, and Bethany Christian Church, Houston, Texas, prior to becoming dean of Brite. While pastor in Houston, he served on the TCU Board of Trustees 1946-1955 and on the Brite Board of Trustees 1942-1955. He was chairman of the Brite board 1943-1955. The fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The Catherine Hill Endowment Fund for Ministerial Education was established in 1991 by Catherine Hill, member of First Christian Church of DeSoto, Texas. Preference is given to students preparing for ministry in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and enrolled at Brite.

The J.E. and Inez Hill Ministerial Scholarship was established by Mr. and Mrs. J. E. Hill of Hereford, Texas, to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The James Calvin Hill Brite Divinity School Foundation was established in honor of his mother, Catherine Saylor Hill, in September 1998. This fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The James C. Hill Scholarship was established in 2002 through the estate of James Calvin Hill of Red Oak, Texas. This fund benefits students enrolled at Brite with preference given to students who are preparing for the ministry of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).

The John E. Hill, Jr. Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1981 by Mr. Hill, TCU Class of 1975, a member of First Christian Church, Amarillo, Texas, to benefit students attending Brite.

The John E. and Laura Hill Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1978 by John E. Hill, Jr., TCU Class of 1975, of Amarillo, Texas, in memory of his parents. The scholarship benefits Brite students.

The Mr. and Mrs. M.C. Hill Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1980 by Mrs. Hill, member of First Christian Church, DeSoto, Texas. Preference is given to a worthy young man studying to become a minister in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and enrolled in Brite.

The J.M. and Buna Hooks Memorial Scholarship was established in 1976 by Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Hooks, members of First Christian Church, Abilene, Texas, in memory of his parents. Ralph Hooks served on the Brite Board of Trustees from 1973 until 1993 and the TCU Board of Trustees from 1975 until 1993. He served both Brite and TCU as an honorary Trustee from 1993 until his death in 1995. The fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The Geraldine A. and Donald R. Houk Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1996 by Mr. and Mrs. Houk of Fort Worth. The Houks, longtime active members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) designated this fund for the benefit of Brite Divinity School students.

The Charles West Howard Memorial Scholarship was established in 1976 by Dr. and Mrs. Robert T. Howard of Essex Junction, Vermont, in memory of Mr. Howard’s grandfather, an educator, banker, and member of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Charles West Howard taught at Add Ran Christian University at Thorp Spring, Texas, from 1888-1894. The scholarship benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The Duane P. and Elizabeth M. Howard Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1991 by Elizabeth Howard of Fort Worth, Texas, to assist Brite students.

The Roemer and Mary Hudler Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1992 by Dr. Clifford H. Taylor, Jr., TCU Class of 1946, Brite Class of 1955 and 1979, in honor of the Hudlers. Mr. Hudler, TCU Class of 1950 and Brite Class of 1953, served as minister of several churches in Texas before his retirement from First Christian Church in Brady. The fund benefits Brite students.

The John M. Hughes Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1973 by Mrs. John M. Hughes, TCU Class of 1943, of Fort Worth, Texas, in memory of her husband, Johnnie, TCU Class of 1938, Brite Class of 1943, a minister in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). This scholarship benefits Brite students.

The Stanley R. and Minnie Hughes Ministerial Scholarship Fund was established in 1972 from the estate of Mr. Hughes of Poteet, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Arthur Harold Humphrey Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1990 by Mrs. Arthur Harold Humphrey, Los Gatos, California, in memory of her husband, Arthur Humphrey, Brite Class of 1950. The fund benefits first-year seminarians seriously investigating ministry as a life’s work.

The A.R. and Anna Hunt Ministerial Endowment Fund was established in 1983 from the estates of A. R. and Anna Hunt, members of First Christian Church, Laredo, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Allan Hunter Scholarship Fund of the Bella Vista Community Church was established in 1975 by the congregation in Bella Vista, Arkansas, to benefit Brite students. Originally the Bella Vista Community Church Scholarship, the fund was renamed in 1985 to honor the church’s pastor, Allan J. Hunter, Brite Class of 1962, who organized the creation of the fund.

The Hyde Park Christian Church, Austin, Texas Scholarship was established in 1976 by members of that congregation for students enrolled in Brite.

The Amy Miears Jackson Memorial Scholarship was established in 1977 by a bequest from the estate of Darrell Jackson of Lockhart, Texas, in memory of his wife. In 1991, a bequest from the estate of Jewell Miears Fielder, sister to Mrs. Jackson, was added to the fund. The scholarship is awarded to Brite students.

The W. Neil Jackson Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1973 by Mrs. Neil Jackson of Stratford, Texas, in memory of her husband, to benefit Brite students.

The John E. Jarrott Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1946 by Mrs. Mollie D. Abernathy of Lubbock, Texas. The Reverend John Jarrott, AddRan Class of 1876, was one of TCU’s first ministerial graduates. The scholarship benefits Brite students.

The Walter Perry and Mary McFarland Jennings Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1945 by friends to honor the Reverend and Mrs. Jennings, and to benefit Brite students. His pastorates included Hillsboro, Taylor, Amarillo, McKinney, University Christian Church in Fort Worth, Texarkana, Lubbock, and Plainview, Texas. The Reverend and Mrs. Jennings’ three daughters attended Texas Christian University.

The Christine and Roland Jones Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1973 by Christine Jones, TCU Class of 1920, and Roland Jones of Clifton, Texas, for seminarians.

The John G. and Mary Verna Jones Foundation Scholarship was established in 1970 by the estate of Mr. and Mrs. Jones of Houston, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The John G. and Mary Verna Jones Fund was established by the Jones Foundation in 1983 in honor of Mr. and Mrs. Jones of Houston, Texas, for students enrolled in Brite.

The Kenneth E. and Betty J. Jones Memorial Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1979 by family and friends in honor of Kenneth E. Jones, TCU Class of 1953, Brite Class of 1956, and Betty Jane Jones, TCU Class of 1955. Dr. Jones served as a Disciples minister in Texas and Oklahoma and was senior minister of Yale Avenue Christian Church, Tulsa, Oklahoma, at the time of his death. The fund assists students enrolled in Brite.

The Woodrow W. and Adena Jones Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1976 by children and grandchildren of “Buck” Jones, TCU Class of 1939, Brite Class of 1940, and Adena Jones, TCU Class of 1940. The scholarship is to aid any Brite student in need, with preference given to members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).

The Mr. and Mrs. O.H. Karr Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1974 by Mrs. Karr, a member of First Christian Church, Wichita Falls, Texas. Preference is given to members of that congregation enrolled in Brite.

The Joseph and Sadie Keevil Ministerial Scholarship Fund was established in 1996. Members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Mr. and Mrs. Keevil lived for many years in Longview, Texas. This fund benefits students enrolled in Brite Divinity School.

The Curtis L. and Barbara Keith Ministerial Education Fund was established in 2000 to honor the ministry of Dr. Curtis L. Keith, Jr., TCU Class of 1961 and Brite Classes of 1963, 1968, and 1978, who retired after serving thirty-nine years as pastor of Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) churches in Texas and Arizona. This fund benefits students preparing for pastoral ministry in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and enrolled at Brite Divinity School.

The Dr. and Mrs. C.D. Kelton Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1980 by a bequest from the estate of Mrs. Kelton to benefit seminarians. Dr. and Mrs. Kelton were members of First Christian Church in Hereford, Texas.

The Mr. and Mrs. Edgar L. Kelton Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1985 from the estate of Nell Baldridge Kelton, member of Central Christian Church, Dallas, Texas, for students enrolled in Brite.

The Alvin V. and Gertie Keown Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1973 by Mr. and Mrs. Keown, members of First Christian Church, Orange, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Kings Highway Christian Church, Shreveport, Louisiana, Scholarship was established in 1973 by members of that congregation to benefit Brite students.

The Mr. and Mrs. Homer T. Kirby Ministerial Education Fund was established in 2010 by Mrs. Janis Kirby Rollins and Mr. Curtis glen Rollins in memory of Mr. and Mrs. Homer T. Kirby, to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The Clyde and Margaret Kirk Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1980 by Dr. and Mrs. Clifford Taylor, Jr. in honor of Mr. and Mrs. Kirk, members of University Christian Church, Fort Worth, Texas, to benefit seminarians.

The Kirkpatrick Faculty Enrichment Fund was established in 1987 by Dr. Ruby Kirkpatrick, TCU Class of 1927, a member of First Christian Church, Post, Texas, to be used exclusively for Brite faculty. Dr. Kirkpatrick is a laywoman in the High Plains Area of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).

The Willard and Ruby Stoker Kirkpatrick Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1970 by Dr. Ruby Kirkpatrick, TCU Class of 1927, of Post, Texas. The fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The Mr. and Mrs. Jack R. Kothe Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1996 with a bequest from Mr. Kothe’s estate. The Kothes, longtime members of Memorial Drive Christian Church in Houston, spent their retirement years in Weslaco. Brite Divinity School students benefit from this fund.

The George P. and Mary V. Kuykendall Ministerial Scholarship was given by Mr. and Mrs. Kuykendall, members of First Christian Church, Lubbock, Texas, for seminarians. George Kuykendall served on the TCU Board of Trustees 1944-1965 and was an honorary member 1965-1986. He served on the Brite Board of Trustees 1965-1973 and was an honorary member 1973-1986.

The Argle and Trecie Lacy Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1993 by the Reverend and Mrs. Joe Neil Lacy to honor the memory of his parents who were active lay persons in the First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) of Borger, Texas. This fund benefits Brite Divinity School students.

The Hattie N. Latimer Memorial Scholarship was established in 1972 by Mrs. R. C. Willoughby of Groves, Texas, in honor of her mother, who was a member of First Christian Church, Port Arthur, Texas. The scholarship benefits Brite students.

The Flora Mae Lee Scholarship was established in 1983, by Walter A. and Evelyn Stockard, of Houston, Texas, in memory of his sister of Cisco, Texas, who was a TCU student. The parents of Mrs. Lee and Mr. Stockard were ministers in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). This scholarship is for students enrolled in Brite.

The D. Ray Lindley Memorial Scholarship was established in 1987 by friends of the family in memory of Dr. Lindley, Brite Class of 1929, who was dean of Brite 1947-1950, president of Atlantic Christian College 1950-1953, vice-president of Texas Christian University 1953-1958, executive vice-president 1958-1959, and president 1959-1962. He later served as president of the University of the Americas in Puebla, Mexico. This scholarship benefits Brite students.

The Kleber V. Lipscomb Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1980 from the estate of Mr. Lipscomb, who was a member of East Dallas Christian Church, Dallas, Texas, to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The Virginia Collins Lipscomb Scholarship was established through a charitable trust in 1943 by Mr. and Mrs. Kleber V. Lipscomb, members of East Dallas Christian Church, Dallas, Texas, in memory of Mr. Lipscomb’s mother, to benefit seminarians.

The Louisiana Christian Church Scholarship was established in 1976 by congregations in Louisiana to benefit Brite students.

The Alva C. and Louise R. Love Ministerial Education Fund was established by Mr. and Mrs. Love of Ben Wheeler, Texas. Mr. and Mrs. Love were long time members of Kings Highway Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Shreveport, Louisiana. This fund benefits Brite Divinity School.

The Fannie Lovett Endowment was established to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The Harold F. and Delora Lovitt Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1986 from the estate of Dr. and Mrs. Lovitt, members of East Dallas Christian Church, Dallas, Texas, to benefit seminarians.

The Bill Mackie Memorial Ministerial Education Fund was established in 2006 in memory of Reverend Bill Mackie by his wife, Karen Mackie and their three children, Elissa Gifford, Amanda Ronaldes, and Patrick Mackie. Reverend Mackie was a Disciples Pastor who served churches in Texas, Louisiana, Missouri and Georgia prior to his death. This scholarship is for Disciple students preparing for ministry in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).

The Magnolia Avenue Christian Church Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1983 by members of Magnolia Avenue Christian Church, Fort Worth, Texas, to honor their past and present membership by creating an endowment to support the education of ministers of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) enrolled in Brite.

The Howard and Jeanette Marshall Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1991 by members of First Christian Church of Fort Smith, Arkansas, at the time of Mr. Marshall’s retirement. Howard Marshall, TCU Class of 1949, Brite Class of 1956, was the pastor of the Fort Smith church for twenty years. The fund benefits Brite students.

The Roy and Fannie Lee Mathers Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1981 by Mrs. Mathers, who with Mr. Mathers was a pioneer member of First Christian Church, Miami, Texas. The fund benefits Brite students.

The L.A. and Florence W. McAllister Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1978 from the Florence W. McAllister Trust. Mrs. McAllister was a member of Central Christian Church of Austin, Texas. Preference is given to Brite students preparing to be ministers in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).

The McEachern Scholarship was established in 1967 by Mr. D. V. McEachern through the First Christian Church, Seattle, Washington. Preference is given to a student from the northwestern United States enrolled in Brite.

The R.L. and Belle Black McFall Memorial Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1978 by Dr. Ruby Kirkpatrick, TCU Class of 1927, member of First Christian Church, Post, Texas, in memory of her grandparents, to benefit Brite students.

The Brucilla Caroline McGill Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1946 by Mr. and Mrs. J. A. McGill, members of First Christian Church, Paris, Texas, to benefit seminarians.

The Frankie McKinney Scholarship Fund was established in 1994 with a bequest from Miss McKinney’s estate. Miss McKinney was a leading citizen of Cooper, Texas, and a life-long member of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). She was involved in banking and agriculture in Delta County. This scholarship benefits Brite students.

The Moses B. and Jennie A. McKnight Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1956 by Mrs. McKnight in memory of her husband, to benefit Brite students. Mr. and Mrs. McKnight were members of First Christian Church, Odessa, Texas.

The Bruce McMillan, Jr., Foundation Scholarship was established in 1977 by the Foundation, in Overton, Texas, to help students attending Brite.

The R.M. and Atwood Means Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1956 by Mr. and Mrs. Means of Abilene, Texas, to benefit students enrolled in Brite. Mr. and Mrs. Means were members of First Christian Church in Abilene.

The Frank and Jean Medanich Scholarship was established in 1979 by Mr. and Mrs. Frank Medanich, members of Casa View Christian Church of Dallas, Texas. Mr. Medanich, TCU Class of 1944, has served on the TCU Board of Trustees since 1972 and on the Brite Board of Trustees since 1977. This fund benefits Brite students.

The Jackie Howell and Carl P. Mehaffy Ministerial Education Fund was established by the Reverend Carl P. Mehaffy, Jr., Brite Class of 1958, and Mrs. Mehaffy, of Arlington, Texas, to benefit seminarians.

The Mrs. Leslie P. Merritt Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1948 by Mrs. Clarence Merritt of Dallas, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The T.L. (Bo) Midkiff Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1984 by T. L. Midkiff, Brite Class of 1983, pastor of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Joliet, Montana. Preference is given to members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) enrolled in Brite.

The R.A. Mills Estate Scholarship was established in 1968 from his estate to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The Wilbur J. and Jessie Mindel Memorial Scholarship was established in 1974 by Tom McKnight of Odessa, Texas, in appreciation of twenty-three years of ministry to the First Christian Church of Odessa, Texas, by Wilbur Mindel, TCU Class of 1939, Brite Class of 1952, and by his wife, Jessie Mindel, TCU Class of 1939. This fund benefits Brite students.

The Margaret E. Monnig Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1986 from her estate to benefit seminarians. She was a member of Central Christian Church, Fort Worth, Texas.

The Mr. and Mrs. Paul M. Monnig Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1986 from the estate of Miss Margaret E. Monnig, Fort Worth, Texas, in memory of her parents. The fund benefits Brite students.

The Mr. and Mrs. Dan T. Monroe Scholarship was established in 1974 by Mr. and Mrs. Dan

B. Monroe, members of Bethany Christian Church, Houston, Texas, in memory of his parents, to assist Brite students.

The Barrett and Frances Moore Preaching Award was established in 1990 by Ronald E. Moore, TCU Class of 1965 and 1975, and his wife, Alexandra Moore, of Fort Worth, Texas, in honor of Mr. Moore’s mother, Frances Brown, and in memory of his father, Barrett Moore, Brite Class of 1957, a minister of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).

The Carlyle and Lina Moore Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1971 by Carlyle Moore and supplemented with gifts from his sister, Mrs. Roland Jones, Sr., of Clifton, Texas. The scholarship benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The Mr. and Mrs. L. Wayne Moore Endowment Fund was established in 1976 by Mr. and Mrs. Moore, members of First Christian Church, Midland, Texas, in honor of their daughter, Pearl Moore. Mrs. Moore, TCU Class of 1938, served on the TCU Board of Trustees 1972-1988 and was an honorary Trustee from 1988 until her death in 1991. Mr. Moore has served on the Brite Board of Trustees since 1968 and was chairman from 1975-97. Mr. Moore has served on the TCU Board of Trustees since 1993. This fund benefits Brite students.

The Katharine Key Moors and William Key Moors Ministerial Fund was established in 2001 by Betsy Moors Goldsmith of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, in memory of her mother, Katharine Key Moors, and her brother, William Key Moors. Preference is given to Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) students preparing for preaching ministry.

The Dan and Dorothy Morgan Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1975 by Dr. and Mrs. Clifford Taylor, Corpus Christi, Texas, in memory of Dan Morgan, TCU Class of 1939, Brite Class of 1950, and in honor of Dorothy Morgan, TCU Class of 1938, of Kilgore, Texas. The Reverend Morgan was Mrs. Taylor’s pastor in Brownwood before her college days. He was pastor of First Christian Church, Kilgore, Texas, at the time of his death. The scholarship benefits Brite students.

The James M. and Lucille Moudy Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1976 by James M. Moudy, TCU Class of 1943, Brite Class of 1949, and Lucille Lauritzen Moudy, TCU Class of 1945, to benefit Brite students. Dr. Moudy was dean of TCU Graduate School 1957-1962, vice-chancellor for academic affairs 1962-1964, executive vice-chancellor 1964-1965, and chancellor from 1965 until his retirement in 1979.

The A.D. Muckleroy Ministerial Education Fund was established in 2000 with a bequest from Mr. Muckleroy’s estate. Brite Divinity School students benefit from the fund.

The A.E. (Art) Nelson Scholarship was established in 1987 from the estate of Mrs. H. Byron (Eddie Mae Nelson) Churchill of Tyler, Texas, where she and her husband, Art Nelson, were members of First Christian Church for many years. This fund is for students enrolled in Brite.

The Newcastle Christian Church Ministerial Education Fund was established 1981 after the sale of church property in Newcastle, Texas. The fund benefits seminarians.

The Fred W. and Hope Norris Scholarship was established in 1981 by Mrs. Norris who, with her husband, served many years as a medical missionary with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). This fund benefits Brite students.

The Northway Christian Church, Dallas, Texas, Scholarship was established in 1976 by members of that congregation to assist in educating ministers at Brite.

The Harold C. Nowlin Scholarship was established in 1973 by Harold C. Nowlin and Alice Taylor Nowlin, TCU Class of 1925, of Fort Worth, Texas, to benefit students enrolled in Brite

The Dr. Ralph T. and Rev. Mary Maxine Palmer Ministerial Fund was established in 2001 by the Palmers of Tyler, Texas, to benefit Brite students. The Palmers were Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) missionaries for many years.

The Mrs. O.W. Parish, Jr., Ministerial Scholarship was established by Mrs. Otha W. Parish of Tyler, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Dr. and Mrs. W.S. Parish, Jr. Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1975 by W. S. Parish, TCU Class of 1942, Brite Class of 1947, and Mrs. Parish to benefit seminarians. Dr. Parish was pastor of Disciples churches in Texas and Oklahoma and regional minister of Louisiana. He served on the TCU Board of Trustees 1971-1975 and was an honorary Trustee from 1975 until his death in 1985.

The Karl and Frances Parker Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1980 by Karl Parker, TCU Class of 1936, Brite Class of 1947, and Frances Parker, TCU Class of 1936, of Fort Worth, Texas, to benefit Brite students. Dr. Parker served Christian Churches (Disciples of Christ) in Texas and Oklahoma.

The Albert M. and Martha Pennybacker Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1979 by Dr. and Mrs. Pennybacker of Fort Worth, Texas, to benefit Brite students. Dr. Pennybacker served as senior minister of University Christian Church, Fort Worth, Texas, 1974-1990, and served on the TCU Board of Trustees 1976-1990.

The Laura Oldham Petitfils Scholarship was established in 1974 by Miss Ellen Petitfils, member of First Christian Church, Houston, Texas, in memory of her mother. The scholarship benefits Brite students.

The H.H. Phillips, Jr., Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1977 by Mr. Phillips of San Antonio, Texas, to benefit Brite students. He served on the Brite Board of Trustees from 1956 until 1992 and now serves as an honorary Trustee.

The Houghton and Winnie Phillips Ministerial Education Fund was established in December, 1982, by H. H. Phillips, Jr., in honor of his parents, to benefit seminarians.

The Clifton John Phillips and Daphne Estill (Renick) Phillips Endowment Fund was established in 2006 through the estate of Mr. and Mrs. Clifton John Phillips to provide scholarship funding for worthy students attending Brite Divinity School with a preference given to those preparing for ministry in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).

The Loyd Phillips Trust was established in 1985 by the estate of Loyd Phillips of Joplin, Missouri, to assist seminarians, with preference given to students from Missouri or Texas.

The Virginia Brock Phillips Endowment Fund was established in 1978 by Virginia Phillips, TCU Class of 1930, of Abilene, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Martin and Dorothy Pike Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1991 by their friends, Clifford H. Taylor, TCU Class of 1946, Brite Class of 1955, and Freda Reaves Taylor, TCU Class of 1955, of Corpus Christi, Texas. Dr. Martin Pike, TCU Class of 1943, Brite Class of 1949, was pastor of First Christian Church of Kingsville, Texas, for thirty-two years. The fund benefits Brite students.

The Mr. and Mrs. C.E. Pimlott Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1975 by Mrs. Pimlott, member of First Christian Church, Wichita Falls, Texas, to benefit seminarians.

The Lenton L. Poss Memorial Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1985 by family members of the Reverend Poss, minister in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), to benefit Brite students.

The Lois V. Potter Scholarship Fund was established in 2005 through the estate of Lois V. Potter. This scholarship supports the training of future ministers in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).

The Mrs. Opal Weatherly Purvines Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1946 by Mrs. Purvines of Panhandle, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Norma G. Ramage Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1984 by Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Ramage of Huntsville, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Dorothy Campbell Randle Ministerial Education Fund was established in 2007 through the generosity of members of the National Avenue Christian Church in Springfield, Missouri and her husband, Dr. Mark Randle, enabling graduate students to receive an education at Brite Divinity School. The primary purpose of this fund is to provide direct aid to students as long as the need exists.

The Ratliff-Hurt Memorial Scholarship was established in 1987 by Mrs. Charles W. McCollum (Mary Hurt McCollum), member of First Christian Church, Odessa, Texas, as a memorial to her mother, Sally Ratliff, and in honor of her father, H. S. (Bud) Ratliff, and her husband, Samuel F. Hurt. Preference is given to those interested in overseas ministry. This fund benefits Brite students.

The Rea-Arnett Scholarship was established in 1976 by Harrell Rea, TCU Class of 1938, Brite Class of 1942, and Dorothy Rea, TCU Class of 1941, of Fort Worth, Texas, memorializing Mr. and Mrs. E. C. Arnett, parents of Mrs. Rea. Dr. Rea served on the TCU Board of Trustees from 1973 until 1982. He served on the Brite Board of Trustees from 1974 until 1990 and as an honorary Trustee from 1990 until his death in 1994. He also served as regional minister and president of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the Southwest 1973-1982. This fund benefits Brite students.

The Laura M. Reed Memorial Scholarship was established in 1977 by Mrs. Rita Reed George, TCU Class of 1960, of Amarillo, Texas, in memory of her grandmother, to benefit Brite students.

The Mabel Clark Reed Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1996 from the estate of Mrs. Reed of Austin, Texas, TCU Class of 1926, a TCU Trustee 1977-1989, and an honorary Trustee until her death. This fund benefits students in Brite Divinity School.

The Reed-Phares Scholarship was established by the Richardson Avenue Christian Church, Dallas, Texas, in honor of Mrs. H. H. Reed, founder of the first South Dallas Christian Church, and of Dr. W. W. Phares, who served as minister there for more than thirty-seven years. The scholarship benefits Brite ministerial students.

The Reimers Memorial Foundation Scholarship was established by Mr. and Mrs. Hans Schneider of Hammond, Louisiana, to honor Mrs. Schneider’s parents, Fay Warren and Frederick

W. Reimers, members of First Christian Church, Hammond, Louisiana. This fund benefits Brite students.

The Hazel Robertson Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1990 from the estate of Hazel Carter Ammerman Robertson of Hobbs, New Mexico. Mrs. Robertson taught in the TCU Department of Public Speaking, 1929-1930.

The Frank and Louise Robinson Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1976 by Mr. and Mrs. Robinson of Huntsville, Texas. Preference is given to Disciples students enrolled in Brite.

The Harry D. Robinson Memorial Scholarship was established in 1984 by Mrs. Linda Robinson, TCU Class of 1968, and Chad Robinson, wife and son of the Reverend Harry Robinson, Brite Class of 1964, minister in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). This fund benefits Brite students.

The Newton J. and Bennie Robison Scholarship was established in 1976 by the Lake Tanglewood Community Church, Amarillo, Texas, honoring Dr. Robison, Brite Class of 193l, minister emeritus of First Christian Church, Amarillo, Texas, and Mrs. Robison. Dr. Robison served on the TCU Board of Trustees 1962-1970, the Brite Board of Trustees 1962-1984, and was an honorary Brite Trustee from 1984 until his death in 1994. This fund is for students enrolled in Brite.

The Dan D. Rogers Ministerial Fund was given by the late Dan D. Rogers, TCU Class of 1909, member of East Dallas Christian Church, Dallas, Texas, to benefit Brite students. He served on the TCU Board of Trustees, 1915-1952, and was a leader in church, business, and civic communities of Dallas. Dan D. Rogers Hall, which houses the TCU school of Business was named in his honor.

The R.L. Rogers Scholarship was established in 1959 by Mr. Rogers of Amarillo, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Harold K. and Mary Helen Ross Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1979 by Mr. Harold K. Ross of Shreveport, Louisiana, in memory of his wife, Mary Helen, to benefit Brite students. Preference is given to members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) from Louisiana. Mr. and Mrs. Ross served as leaders in Kings Highway Christian Church, Shreveport, Louisiana.

The Rule Christian Church Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1981 from the sale of church property in Rule, Texas, and benefits Brite students.

The St. Charles Avenue Christian Church of New Orleans, Louisiana, Fund was established in 1977 by members of the congregation to assist Brite students. Preference is given first to members of the St. Charles Avenue Christian Church, then to members of other Disciples churches in the New Orleans area, in Louisiana, and outside the state.

The Lorraine Sanders Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1977 by Miss Lorraine Sanders of Central Christian Church, Dallas, Texas, to benefit seminarians.

The Warren E. and Jean Spurlock Schaumburg Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1981 by Mr. and Mrs. Schaumburg of Shreveport, Louisiana. Preference is given to qualified students from Kings Highway Christian Church, Shreveport, Louisiana, enrolled in Brite.

The Schorlemmer Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1975 by Mr. and Mrs. V. C. Schorlemmer of Denton, Texas. Mrs. Schorlemmer grew up in the Waxahachie Christian Church, and was influenced by the active supporters of Texas Christian University. This scholarship benefits Brite students.

The Louis H. Shaffman, Jr. Scholarship Fund was established in 2003 by a bequest of Mr. Shaffman. He was a lifetime member of Central Christian Church in Austin, Texas and asked that the funds be used to provide scholarships for students pursuing an education for pastoral ministry or for Christian education or youth ministry within the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).

The William C. and Helen S. Sheridan Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established through a bequest of Mrs. Helen S. Sheridan of Topeka, Kansas, to benefit Brite students.

The Joseph N. and Mary Terrill Sherrill Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1985 by a bequest of Mrs. Sherrill. She and her husband were members of Highland Heights Christian Church, Wichita Falls, Texas. The scholarship benefits Brite students.

The Shrader Memorial Endowed Scholarship was established through the estate of W. Paul Shrader of Perryton, Texas, in memory of his parents, W. M. and Mary E. Shrader, to benefit Brite students.

The Ralph Sidwell Scholarship was established as a memorial in 1976 by Mrs. Evelyn M. Sidwell of Pampa, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Shirley Sissel Memorial Scholarship was established in 1972 by Lake View Christian Church, San Angelo, Texas, where Mr. Sissel was a member, to benefit Brite students.

The Joseph Gillespie Smartt Memorial Fund was established by Mrs. W. H. Thomson of Dallas, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Nelle Smiley Memorial Fund was established in 1979 by the Business and Professional Women’s Class of Magnolia Avenue Christian Church, Fort Worth, Texas, in memory of Mrs. Smiley who, with her husband, was a missionary to India. This fund benefits Brite students. Preference is given to students from the Far East.

The John Wayne Smiser Memorial Scholarship was established by Dr. and Mrs. Jerome S. Smiser of Boerne, Texas, in memory of their son, to benefit Brite students.

The Charles Edward Smith Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1979 by Mr. and Mrs. John Younger of Midland, Texas, in memory of her father, to benefit seminarians.

The Lillie Mae Smith Endowment Fund was established in 1997 from Mrs. Smith’s estate. Mrs. Smith was a member of First Christian Church in Huntsville, Texas. This is a general endowment fund which benefits all of Brite Divinity School.

The J.C. Snyder Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1980 by Mr. and Mrs. Snyder, members of First Christian Church, Midland, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Ruth Snyder Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1984 from the estate of Mrs. Snyder of Plainview, Texas, to benefit students enrolled in Brite.

The Albert T. Stanley Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1986 by Mr. A. A. “Al”

Stanley, TCU Class of 1959, of Houston, Texas, in memory of his father, a minister of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), to benefit Brite students.

The Mrs. J.H. Stephens Ministerial Scholarship Fund was established in 1998 with the proceeds of an annuity. Mrs. Stephens, a long-time member of First Christian church (Disciples of Christ) in Temple, Texas, desired to assist young ministerial students with their education. This fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The Stewart Family Scholarship was established in December 1998 by a bequest from the estate of Thomasene Turner Stewart of Houston, Texas. This fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The K. and Lottie M. Stoker Memorial Scholarship was established by Mrs. W. M. Kirkpatrick, TCU Class of 1927, member of First Christian Church, Post, Texas, in memory of her parents, to benefit Brite students.

The Jack and Ruth Suggs Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1978 by Jack Suggs, Brite Class of 1949, and Ruth Suggs, TCU Class of 1949, to benefit Brite students. Dr. Suggs was professor (from 1952) and dean (from 1977) of Brite until his retirement in 1989. Mrs. Suggs was a TCU library staff member for twenty-one years.

The Clifford and Freda Taylor Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1999 by Susan Taylor Bartlett in honor of her parents. The fund supports Brite students.

The Dr. and Mrs. E.F. Thomas Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1977 to the Glory of God by Dr. and Mrs. Thomas, members of First Christian Church, Wichita Falls, Texas, to benefit Brite students.

The Mary Jane Thomas Scholarship was established by a bequest and aids ministerial students enrolled in Brite.

The Lottie Martin and Douglas E. Tomlinson Scholarship was established in 1977 from the estate of Mrs. Tomlinson, TCU Class of 1933. The fund also honors her late husband, Douglas Tomlinson, TCU Class of 1909, and benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The Sandra Lynn Tomlinson Fund was established in 1997 by the Reverend and Mrs. Roy

E. Tomlinson. Mr. Tomlinson, a long-time minister in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and Mrs. Tomlinson, daughter of former Brite Dean Elmer Henson, established this fund in memory of their daughter. This endowed scholarship gives preference to the support of the off-campus program in Houston and to Brite students there who are interested in peace and justice issues in parishes where they serve and the communities in which they live.

The Mary E. and Edith B. Turpin Memorial Scholarship was established in 1975 by the Reverend M. C. (Ben) Turpin, TCU Class of 1942, Brite Class of 1948, of Mexia, Texas, in memory of Mary E. and Edith B. Turpin. The fund aids a Brite student of average scholastic standing who is preparing for pastoral ministry work.

The Carlos and Mabel Vaughn Ministerial Scholarship was established from the estate of Carlos Vaughn, to benefit seminarians. Mr. and Mrs. Vaughn were members of First Christian Church, Hereford, Texas.

The W. Earl and Louise Waldrop Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1976 by one of Dr. Waldrop’s parishioners from his first pastorate at Shawnee Christian Church, Louisville, Kentucky. Dr. Waldrop served pastorates in Kentucky, New York City, and San Antonio, Texas, before coming to TCU as vice chancellor for external affairs 1962-1968 and senior vice chancellor 1968 until his retirement in 1976. The scholarship benefits Brite students.

The Walker Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1982 by Judge Dee Brown Walker, member of East Dallas Christian Church, Dallas, Texas, in honor of his grandparents, Alexander

C. and Elizabeth Florence Sims Walker, and his parents, Dee Alexander Walker and Lela Blanche Jones Walker. The fund benefits Brite students. The Ida Lou and Glynn C. Watkins Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1981 by Ida Lou Elliott Watkins of Texarkana, Arkansas for the benefit of Brite students.

The C.S. and Florence Lea Weaver Memorial Scholarship was established in 1981 from Mrs. Weaver’s estate to benefit Brite Divinity School students.

The Lida C. Wells Memorial Scholarship was established in 1981 in memory of Mrs. Wells, who taught an adult Sunday school class at East Dallas Christian Church, Dallas, Texas, where her husband, Dr. L. N. D. Wells, was pastor. Preference is given to women preparing for the ministry and enrolled in Brite.

The Gordon and Ellen West Memorial Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1982 by the West Foundation to benefit Brite students. The fund honors the parents of Mr. Gordon T. West, Jr., of Wichita Falls, Texas.

The Ralph Stephen Wetherell Scholarship Fund was established in 1991 by Mrs. Ralph Wetherell of Mesa, Arizona, and friends of the family, in memory of Mrs. Wetherell’s husband. Dr. Wetherell, TCU Class of 1948, was a longtime minister of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). The fund benefits Brite students.

The Edna Brorein White Memorial Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1976 by Dr. and Mrs. Jefferson G. Artz of Columbus, Mississippi, honoring Mrs. Artz’s mother, a member of First Christian Church, Tampa, Florida. The scholarship is awarded to seminarians.

The Wichita Falls Area Joint Board of Christian Churches Endowment, Wichita Falls, Texas, was established to provide scholarship assistance to ministerial students enrolled in Brite.

The “Bert and Herman” Williamson Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1974 by Mr. and Mrs. Herman Williamson, Jr., of Shreveport, Louisiana, when he assigned inheritance from his parents, the late Herman and Bertie Lee Holderby Williamson of Camden, Arkansas, to Brite. Mr. and Mrs. Williamson were members of First Christian Church, Camden, Arkansas.

The Ross and Mabel Wolfe Memorial Scholarship was established in 1976 as a memorial to their father and as a tribute to their mother by the children of Mr. and Mrs. Wolfe, for many years leaders in First Christian Church, Stephenville, Texas. This fund benefits students enrolled in Brite.

The F. Michael Wood Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1989 by Brigadier General and Mrs. Frank P. Wood, members of Central Christian Church, San Antonio, Texas, in memory of their only son. The fund benefits students at Brite

The Woodland Christian Church, Longview, Texas Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1976 by members of the congregation. Preference is given to students from Woodland Christian Church or from the Northeast Area of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the Southwest enrolled in Brite.

The James and Bonnie Wright Ministerial Education Fund was established in 1986 by Dr. James Wright, Jr., TCU Class of 1948, Brite Class of 1951, and Mrs. Wright, TCU Class of 1948, of Spring, Texas, in memory of his parents. Dr. Wright’s father was a pastor in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Dr. James Wright, Jr., served on the TCU Board of Trustees 1972-1976. The fund benefits seminarians.

The William E. and Julia Wright Ministerial Education Fund was established through the estate of the Wrights in 2002. Dr. Wright was a minister of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and served pastorates in Wichita Falls, Texas and at Kings Highway Christian Church in Shreveport, Louisiana. He also served as the regional minister in Louisiana. The funds are to be used for the advancement of Christian ministry.

The F.L. Young Ministerial Scholarship was established in 1976 by Dr. Young of Greenville, Texas, from his wife’s estate, to benefit Brite students.

The A. Prentiss Young and Lucy Lee Foote Scholarship Fund was established in 2000 with a bequest from the estate of A. Prentiss Young. Brite Divinity School students benefit from this fund.

The Charlene Smith and John F. Younger Scholarship was established in 1990 by Mrs. Lila Smith Carter of Beaumont and Midland, Texas, to honor her daughter and son-in-law, Charlene and John Younger, members of Memorial Christian Church of Midland. The scholarship benefits Brite students.