Director of Lay and Continuing Education
Apply now Job no: 497158
Work type: Full-time
Location: Brite Divinity School
Categories: Managerial / Administration
|Job Summary:||The Director of Lay and Continuing Education is responsible for planning, implementing, evaluating and envisioning current and future lay and continuing education offerings at Brite.|
|Duties & Essential Job Functions:||1. Develops, manages, and participates in continuing education programing in ways that are consistent with Brite’s mission, vision, and norms.
2. Designs and implements programs in-person on and off campus and online. Provides ongoing support for the Stalcup School of Theology for the Laity, Ministers Week, Summer Hispanic Institute and Thriving in Ministry (Beyond Brite, Flourishing in Ministry, and Prosperando en el Ministerio).
3. Evaluates relevant lifelong learning trends and develops new programming in support of clergy, faith leaders and other interested adult learners as appropriate.
4. Identifies and recruits future leadership for seminars, workshops, lectures and retreats.
5. Develops and maintains formal and informal relationships with TCU and other institutions and agencies to create educational opportunities leveraging resources and furthering the reach of Brite’s program and recognition.
6. Generates annual financial and programmatic reports for grant related programs.
7. Monitors expenses by gathering and reporting travel and programming expenses; facilitating and monitoring invoices, purchase orders, honorarium and stipend requests; scheduling and reconciling expenditures. Monitors income by collecting and depositing registration fees.
8. Negotiates contracts with off-site locations for meeting space and residential retreats.
9. Oversees Administrative Assistant.
10. Creates content for and coordinates marketing materials and promotional strategies with the Director of Marketing and Communication.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:||• Bachelor’s degree.
• Planning, implementing and evaluating events; work with laity and clergy in congregational and theological educational settings.
|Preferred Education & Experience:||• Master’s degree or equivalent field.
• Planning, implementing, and evaluating events.
• Work with laity and clergy in congregational and theological educational settings.
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:||• None|
|Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:||• None|
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:||• Knowledge of department specific software.
• Knowledge of customer service techniques.
• Knowledge of presentations and interpersonal relationship techniques.
• Familiarity with congregational, chaplaincy and agency settings and theological education.
• Knowledge of planning, implementing, and evaluating events for laity and clergy.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in some or all components of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to manage details of projects.
• Ability to establish priorities.
• Knowledge of current biblical and theological scholarship.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):||• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
|Work Environment:||• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
|AA/EEO Statement:||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.|
In order to apply, go to https://jobs.tcu.edu/en-us/listing/ . The position will remain open until it is filled.